Top 10 Ways to NO Pain and a Great Life!
- Move – move little at first if it’s new to you or if it hurts. Increase your general movement, not just exercise. Less sitting, lounging or loafing.
- Meditate – learn to give yourself the ability to move your thoughts around and be a bit more in control of what you are thinking.
- Exercise – walk, swim, play a team sport, join your local Park Run, start slowly and gradually increase. Get your heart rate going.
- Sleep – make it a priority to be in bed and lights out by 11.00.
No if’s or buts. It has to be done.
- Eat well – adopt a healthy diet. You know what that is!
- Reduce your stress – it’s a big one. Look at your your stresses, what’s really getting to you at the moment? Big link between stress and pain.
- Take up a hobby – do something new, brain challenging, fun, take a course.
- Go out with friends – socialise, enjoy, you have to make an effort here.
- Learn to ignore your aches and pains – switch your thoughts away and watch your pain disappear.
- Keep a Wellness Diary – Write down the times when you feel great. Not when you don’t. Practice noticing good feelings and no discomfort, celebrate! Remember your pain is not there if you can’t feel it. It’s just NOT.