6 Excellent Reasons to have a Pregnancy Massage.
- Because there is little that you can take in the way of medicine, a massage can really help your general aches and pains.
- Sometimes, it is really difficult to take time out for yourself and your baby. An hour of peace, quiet and caring touch, can make a world of difference to how you feel.
- A pregnancy massage therapist can help to advise you on exercise, comfortable positions and even possible birthing options. For more information about pregnancy in general, this link may be helpful: https://babycentre.co.uk
- If you are feeling a little sick and tired in those early days, a massage can help you to feel better. You can have a massage at any time, you do not need to wait until you are 3 months pregnant.
- Having a massage and spending some dedicated quiet time with your bump, can help with bonding.
- There is research that massage helps with sleep. As a result of being pregnant, sleep can become a bit more elusive. As your baby grows, even turning over in bed can be tricky. Having a massage may help you to sleep more soundly.
There is a clearly researched link between sleep and pain. If you can sleep a little more, you are likely to have less pain. Try to go to bed early if you are still working, or nap in the day if you can. Getting up for a wee can be a real pain, but drinking plenty of fluids is important, so don’t skimp here. Perhaps limit your fluid intake in the evening, that way you may be able to get up less often.
Your partner can help with aches and pains and here is a video of a back and shoulder massage that may be helpful: https://youtu.be/N9YlthV5TpM
Ring Sue on 07795552910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a massage.