The Myth of Being “Fixed”
- Some clinicians would like you to keep coming back to be ‘fixed’. The truth is, only you can do that.
- Take home the concepts of Movement, Strength and Pain Information, and work with them. https://trustmephysiotherapy.com/50-shades-of-pain-with-lorimer-moseley/
- Support, advice, massage, exercises and movement, all will help you on your journey. Sometimes, magic does happen and you feel brilliant after a massage, straight away. That happens. Very often. But sometimes it will take more, a commitment to regular exercise, to try to take some stress out of your life, to enjoy activities and do what most makes you happy, maybe even to do less (heaven forbid)! To recognise that doing a bit at a time is the only way forward.
- Listening to how you feel, what you feel and helping you to understand possibly why you may feel that way is a huge part of your therapeutic journey. https://youtu.be/C_3phB93rvI
- And then the magical three components will work for you. a) Movement/Strength/Exercise b) Pain Information/Support c) Massage/Care/Calm.
- But you have to do it. You have to do your movement, walking, weights. As a client said to me, “I suddenly realised that unless I exercised and actually did what we had talked about, my leg pain would not just go away”.
There you have it.
As hard as it is, YOU have to do it. This is all are part of your journey. But together, we can really make a real difference.
So after all this – Why Come Back!
- If you may WANT to come back weekly, two weekly, monthly and that’s because you love❤️ massage.
- You may feel ‘looser’; more mobile, no aches.
- Massage, you feel cared for and more relaxed.
- Your sleep is better.
- You feel more able to get back on track and more in control.
- Sometimes it’s a great opportunity to relax, chill, shut out the world.
- If you just want a massage with no advice or info, then that’s fine too. No exercises, no advice, pain science or recent research, just a calm quiet treatment.
- Because massage is proven to help with mental health.
- And massage in itself can help you feel so MUCH better.